Read the interview in the previous post and answer the following questions:
– Achebe quotes the proverb: “until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.” What does he mean by it?
– What is the main lesson that Achebe draws from his studies at the English department?
– What are Achebe’s views on translation of his works into the Igbo language?
– What are Achebe’s views on the writing process?
– What is the role, if any, of the writer as a public intellectual?
– Is there a tension between aesthetics and political engagement?
– What does he say about his representations of women in his novels?